Successful posters should be fun, powerful, and understandable. Thus, there is at least a part of images can be instantly recognized by the general public. Others need to show a longer time to be understood by the audience, maybe just to some of the audience.
First, clear the goal
What is the purpose of making this poster? What is the theme? Who is the target audience? What style can attract them? As long as you solve these problems, you can create posters with a definite direction.
Second, care about the following seven design elements
- Express the full visual impact through images and colors.
- Clear the theme of the poster. Essentialize the content of the poster and focus on the main point.
- The contents cannot be too much.
- Pictures should be the central part and add some words to express your thoughts.
- The theme font should be striking.
- The amount of information should be balanced, and there must be some blank of the poster, which looks better.
- The color should not be exaggerated, and strive to offer a pleasant and comfortable feeling to the audience.
Third, pay attention to the color
The color is the most sensitive stuff to human’s vision. A well-designed homepage color can icing on the cake and get more with less effort. The basic rule of color principle should be “overall coordination, local contrast,” that is: the whole color effect of the home page should be harmonious, only partial and small areas can have some intense color contrast.
Read more here.